Senior Day at the Capitol will take place on Monday, Feb. 23, 2015. This is a free event for older Oklahomans and professionals in the field of aging to:
- Learn about legislation and issues affecting older Oklahomans
- As constituents, share your ideas, needs and concerns with your state senators and representatives
- Visit with nonprofit and governmental agencies to learn about their services
- 8:30 to 10 am
- Pick up pre-registration packets
- 8:30 to 9:30 am
- Visit legislative offices (with volunteer guides)
- 10 to 11:30 am
- Program, House of Representatives Chamber
- 11:30 am to 2 pm
- Resource Fair featuring nonprofit and governmental exhibitors
Visit legislative offices (on your own)
Lunch (on your own)
Online pre-registration is available and encouraged so we may customize your Senior Day packet. Online registration ends Friday, Feb. 6, 2015.
On-site registration will also be available.
Recommended parking is south of the Capitol. Additional parking is available in the lot east of Lincoln Boulevard and west of the Governor’s Mansion.
Entry and Security
Recommended entry is through the south or east entries of the Capitol. Please allow sufficient time to pass through the security checkpoints.
If the Oklahoma City Public Schools are closed due to inclement weather, the 2015 Senior Day at the Capitol will be cancelled.
The 2015 Senior Day at the Capitol is sponsored by:
- AARP Oklahoma
- DHS Aging Services
- LeadingAge Oklahoma
- Legal Aid Services of Oklahoma, Inc.
- National Caucus & Center on Black Aging, Inc., Oklahoma Chapter
- Oklahoma Alliance on Aging
- Oklahoma Association of Area Agencies on Aging, Inc.
- Oklahoma Healthy Aging Initiative
- Oklahoma Insurance Department
- Oklahoma Silver Haired Alumni Association
- Oklahoma State Council on Aging