Senior Day at the Capitol will take place on Monday, Feb. 25, 2013. This is a free event for older Oklahomans and professionals in the field of aging to:
- Learn about legislation and issues affecting older Oklahomans
- As constituents, share your ideas, needs and concerns with your state senators and representatives
- Visit with nonprofit agencies to learn about their services
If Oklahoma City Public Schools are closed on Monday, Feb. 25, 2013 due to inclement weather, the 2013 Senior Day at the Capitol event will be cancelled.
- 8:30 to 10 a.m.
- On-site registration and pick up registration packets
Capitol Rotunda, 1st floor
- 10 to 11:30 a.m.
- Program, House of Representatives Chamber
- 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Resource Fair
Visit Legislative Offices
Lunch on your Own
Online pre-registration is available and encouraged so we may customize your Senior Day packet to your specific legislative districts. Online registration ends Feb. 8, 2013. On-site registration will also be available.
Recommended parking is south of the Capitol. Additional parking is available in the lot east of Lincoln Avenue and west of the Governor’s Mansion.
Entry and Security
Recommended entry is through the south or east entries of the Capitol. Please allow sufficient time to pass through the security checkpoints.
The 2013 Senior Day at the Capitol is sponsored by:
- OKDHS Aging Services Division (link opens in new window)
- AARP Oklahoma (link opens in new window)
- Alzheimer’s Association, Inc., Oklahoma and Arkansas Chapter (link opens in new window)
- LeadingAge Oklahoma (link opens in new window)
- Legal Aid Services of Oklahoma, Inc. (link opens in new window)
- National Caucus & Center on Black Aged, Inc., Oklahoma Chapter (link opens in new window)
- Oklahoma Alliance on Aging (link opens in new window)
- Oklahoma Association of Area Agencies on Aging
- Oklahoma Healthy Aging Initiative (link opens in new window)
- Oklahoma Mental Health and Aging Coalition (link opens in new window)
- Oklahoma Silver Haired Legislature (link opens in new window)
- Oklahoma State Council on Aging (link opens in new window)